We are currently looking for a full-time staff accountant to assist our commercial tax team with various accounting and bookkeeping duties.
If preparation and review of bookkeeping, financial statements as well as trial balances and state reporting documents excite you as well as staying on top of the latest changes and information – this could be the position for you!
Your essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Examining accounts and records, as well as preparing adjustments according to current accounting standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Serves as a reviewer for other staff accountants and projects consisting of trial balances, state excise tax compliance, payroll tax compliance and monthly bookkeeping.
- Computes state excise taxes and payroll taxes owed and completes entries on tax forms.
- Performs data input for monthly bookkeeping for multiple clients in QuickBooks, including bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Software training for clients and other staff accountants.
- Special projects as needed.
- Associate’s degree or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
- Bookkeeping experience
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
If you share our passion for numbers, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and quickly develop a deep understanding of our business, play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we invite you to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.