We are currently looking for a full-time, experienced staff accountant with 3+ years experience in public accounting to assist our commercial tax team with various accounting and bookkeeping duties.
If preparation and review of bookkeeping, financial statements as well as trial balances and state reporting documents excite you as well as staying on top of the latest changes and information – this could be the position for you!
Your essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Examining complicated accounts and records, as well as preparing adjustments according to current accounting standards, tax laws and regulations
- Researching state sales tax nexus issues
- Computing state excise taxes and completes entries on tax forms
- Serving as a reviewer for other staff accountants and projects consisting of trial balances, state excise tax compliance, payroll tax compliance and monthly bookkeeping
- Performing data input for monthly bookkeeping for multiple clients in QuickBooks, including bank reconciliations, and journal entries
- Preparing financial statements
- Reviewing client bookkeeping reports and record journal entries to create a trial balance used for federal tax return preparation
- Providing software training for clients and other staff accountants
- Assisting with special projects as needed
A mid-level accounting position, we are looking for someone with the following experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years bookkeeping and higher-level accounting experience
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks
- Quick ability to understand and assess a new project and task, plus experience with time-tracking preferred strongly preferred
If you share our passion for numbers, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and quickly develop a deep understanding of our business, play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we invite you to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.