We’re looking for a tax preparer to join our team during 2021 tax season with potential for continued work depending on skill set, company fit, and internal capacity. In this role your primary responsibilities revolve around preparing individual tax returns and include:
- Preparing income tax returns, tax projections, and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Skill and experience reviewing tax returns is a benefit.
- Maintaining necessary paperwork and workpaper files.
- Utilizing internal systems and processes to track projects, make appropriate notes, and ensure preparation of returns are completed in a timely matter and within budget.
- In coordination with the Client Manager, corresponding with clients related to information needed, questions and return status.
- Researching and determining procedures for preparation of atypical returns, with ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems and handle multiple client projects at once.
- In coordination with Client Manager, advise clients regarding effects of activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Advising clients regarding periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Sustaining knowledge of tax laws and industry standards, and tracking trends and changes as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years equivalent work experience preparing personal income tax returns (Form 1040).
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and QuickBooks. Proficiencies in Thomson Reuters products, i.e. Ultra Tax, preferred.
We help people with their businesses, individual taxes and estates and trusts. We also handle accounting and bookkeeping needs so business owners can do what they do best – focus on running their business.
As a company we develop deep knowledge about our clients and use that knowledge to create meaningful and effective ongoing relationships. We inspire confidence from our clients and each other, knowing that we each bring something unique to the table.
We offer a generous compensation package and a 100% paid healthcare and dental plan. Financial perks are also available including a retirement plan and bonus plan designed to celebrate and reward outstanding individual work. We strongly believe in professional development and pay for ongoing licensing fees as well as a lifelong learning account.
Other perks we like to tout include closing the office at noon on Fridays during the off-tax season and 1st Tuesday lunches with our sister company, Johnson Bixby. The list goes on and we hope you’re interested in learning more.
If you share our passion for numbers, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we invite you to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com