Exciting opportunity for a CPA or EA to elevate their career into a management position. We’re looking for Personal Tax Department Manager to lead our personal tax department team toward continued success in preparing federal, state, and local tax returns, while providing excellent tax planning to our 1000+ clients.
- Actively participate in Management Team meetings and strategic planning retreats, helping set direction and implementing key initiatives within your department.
- Take ownership for meeting annual revenue goals and client retention expectations.
- Manage flow of personal tax returns all year long, but especially during tax season.
- Oversee a portfolio of approximately 250 selected clients – taking on the role as their Client Manager to answer questions and build relationships.
- Review tax returns, IRS notices, tax projections and consulting to ensure accuracy and quality while providing feedback to preparers for growth opportunities.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities.
- Advise clients effects of activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Stay on top of changes in tax law and accounting regulations, communicating information to fellow team members.
- Live and practice our firm’s core values: Practice Curiosity, Stay Humble, Build Connection, Bring Energy, Think Big
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Certified Public Accountant designation or experienced Enrolled Agent
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years equivalent work experience.
- Bookkeeping and financial statement experience.
- Strong project management skills and experience using project management systems.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, QuickBooks and other accounting, workpaper and tax software. Thompson Reuter and Ultra Tax software experience a plus.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) offering and more. If you would love to work alongside a caring and knowledgeable team, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Company Story
At Integrated Tax Services, we’re more than just tax preparation professionals and accountants. We’re number translators. Numbers are an integral part of everyone’s life story and woven into all facets of life. And, for many, it’s confusing and daunting. We untangle the complicated and build relationships with our clients to help them understand what the numbers mean and how it affects their life story.
We are accomplished and ambitious individuals. But none of us is as smart as we are as a team. Our confidence in each other fuels our work. So, we make an effort to build trust every day. We’re kind and generous with each other, our clients and the world around us. We keep our commitments and celebrate triumphs.