Exciting opportunity for a licensed tax professional to join us during the most exciting part of the year – tax season! In this seasonal role, training is provided early February and working full-time through April.
A few of the things you’ll get to do:
- Prepare personal income tax returns (Form 1040), state income tax returns, tax projections, and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Utilize internal systems and processes to track projects, make appropriate notes, and ensure preparation of returns are completed in a timely matter and within budget.
- Maintain necessary paperwork and workpaper files.
- In coordination with the Client Manager, correspond with clients related to information needed, questions and return status.
- Research and determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns, with ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems and handle multiple client projects at once.
- In coordination with Client Manager, advise clients regarding effects of activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Advise clients regarding periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Sustain knowledge of tax laws and industry standards and tracking trends and changes as necessary.
- Live and practice our firm’s core values: Practice Curiosity, Stay Humble, Build Connection, Think Big, and Bring Energy.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years equivalent work experience preparing personal income tax returns (Form 1040).
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and QuickBooks. Proficiencies in Thomson Reuters products, i.e. Ultra Tax, preferred.
In addition to being compensated with a competitive salary based on experience, you can look forward to the camaraderie of tax season with our team. This means cultural perks like complimentary lunches, wellness activities, and much more!
Our Company Story
At Integrated Tax Services, we’re more than just tax preparation professionals and accountants. We’re number translators. Numbers are an integral part of everyone’s life story and woven into all facets of life. And, for many, it’s confusing and daunting. We untangle the complicated and build relationships with our clients to help them understand what the numbers mean and how it affects their life story.
We are accomplished and ambitious individuals. But none of us is as smart as we are as a team. Our confidence in each other fuels our work. So, we make an effort to build trust every day. We’re kind and generous with each other, our clients, and the world around us. We keep our commitments and celebrate triumphs.
If you would love to work alongside a caring and knowledgeable team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com