We are looking for a full-time, seasoned bookkeeper/staff accountant who would be responsible for performing a variety of complex financial accounting services such as preparing financial statements, trial balances, and state reporting documents.
Your essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform data input for monthly bookkeeping for multiple clients in QuickBooks, including bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Review client bookkeeping reports and record journal entries to create a trial balance used for federal tax return preparation.
- Examine complicated accounts and records and prepare adjustments according to current accounting standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Accurately compute state excise taxes and complete entries on tax forms.
- Research state sales tax nexus issues.
- Serve as a reviewer for other staff accountants and projects consisting of trial balances, state excise tax compliance, payroll tax compliance and monthly bookkeeping.
- Provide software training for clients and other staff accountants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Required Experience and Skills
Our Staff Accountant is a mid-level accounting position, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years bookkeeping and higher-level accounting experience
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy requirements for tax and accounting firms preferred
- Quick ability to understand and assess a new project and task, plus experience with time-tracking preferred
This is an hourly position between $28 – $30/hour. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and more! Please go here to apply and learn more.