We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned tax professional to join our firm – focusing their skills on high-level preparation and review of personal and commercial taxes.
Essential Functions Include:
- Prepare complex personal income tax returns (Form 1040), state income tax returns, tax projections, and quarterly estimated tax payments with a focus on more complex returns that may include items such as Schedule C, E, or F.
- Prepare trial balance, adjusting journal entries and commercial returns (Form 1065, 1120 and 1120S), associated state income tax returns, tax projections and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Act as Client Manager for approximately 200 clients.
- Utilize internal systems and processes to track projects, make appropriate notes, and ensure preparation of returns are completed in a timely matter and within budget.
- Maintain necessary paperwork and workpaper files.
- Research and determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Advise clients regarding periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Handle complex IRS notices.
- Live and practice our firm’s core values: Practice Curiosity, Stay Humble, Build Connection, Think Big and Bring Energy
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- CPA designation (required)
- 4+ years’ work experience that includes preparation of personal and commercial income tax returns, bookkeeping, and higher-level accounting experience required. Experience preparing fiduciary and nonprofit tax returns preferred.
- Proficiencies in Thompson Reuters products, i.e. Ultra Tax, strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy requirements for tax and accounting firms.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems and handle multiple client projects at once.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Sustained knowledge of tax laws and industry standards, and tracking trends and changes as necessary.
Come and make ripples of positive impact with us.
At our companies, we believe our positive actions in one area connect to other areas, and make a difference for each other, our clients, our professions, and our community. Together, we make a ripple effect of positive impact.
We forge and feed relationships that are mutually beneficial and satisfying, through knowledge, care and support. We call it our culture of symbiosis. And our shared values guide us in our everyday work together — Build Connection, Practice Curiosity, Bring Energy, Stay Humble, and Think Big.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and more.
This is a salaried position, with pay range between $70,000 – $85,000/year.