We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned tax professional to join our firm – focusing their skills on high-level preparation and review of personal and commercial taxes.
Essential Functions Include:
- Prepare complex personal income tax returns (Form 1040), state income tax returns, tax projections, and quarterly estimated tax payments with a focus on more complex returns that may include items such as Schedule C, E, or F.
- Prepare trial balance, adjusting journal entries and commercial returns (Form 1065, 1120 and 1120S), associated state income tax returns, tax projections and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Act as Client Manager for approximately 200 clients.
- Utilize internal systems and processes to track projects, make appropriate notes, and ensure preparation of returns are completed in a timely matter and within budget.
- Maintain necessary paperwork and workpaper files.
- Research and determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Advise clients regarding periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Handle complex IRS notices.
- Live and practice our firm’s core values: Practice Curiosity, Stay Humble, Build Connection, Think Big and Bring Energy
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks. Proficiencies in Thompson Reuters products, i.e. Ultra Tax, preferred.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy requirements for tax and accounting firms.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems and handle multiple client projects at once.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Sustained knowledge of tax laws and industry standards, and tracking trends and changes as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or CPA designation required.
- 4+ years’ work experience that includes preparation of personal and commercial income tax returns, bookkeeping, and higher-level accounting experience required. Experience preparing fiduciary and nonprofit tax returns preferred.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and more.
Our Company Story
At Integrated Tax Services, we’re more than just tax preparation professionals and accountants. We’re number translators. Numbers are an integral part of everyone’s life story and woven into all facets of life. And, for many, it’s confusing and daunting. We untangle the complicated and build relationships with our clients to help them understand what the numbers mean and how it affects their life story.
We are accomplished and ambitious individuals. But none of us is as smart as we are as a team. Our confidence in each other fuels our work. So, we make an effort to build trust every day. We’re kind and generous with each other, our clients and the world around us. We keep our commitments and celebrate triumphs.
If you share our passion for numbers, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and quickly develop a deep understanding of our business, play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we invite you to apply.
This is a salaried position, with pay range between $70,000 – $85,000/year.