Oregon has established a new Corporate Activity Tax for all business entity types that conduct business in Oregon.
- Businesses with Oregon commercial activity in excess of $750,000 are required to register for the Corporate Activity Tax.
- A return is required to be filed when the Oregon commercial activity exceeds $1 million in gross receipts.
- Businesses with taxable commercial activity in excess of $1 million must pay tax at a rate of $250 on the first $1 million of gross receipts and .57% tax on gross receipts greater than $1 million.
- Receipts are calculated based on the accounting method used for the entities federal income tax return.
- A few entity types are excluded consisting of nonprofit organizations, farmers’ cooperatives, government agencies and hospitals.
- To register and pay estimated tax payments go to: https://www.oregon.gov/dor/programs/businesses/Pages/corporate-activity-tax.aspx